Wednesday, March 31, 2010

OOP344 project & BVedit

Its been a while since I blogged and ive actually done some stuff recently so I figured id blog about it.

Up till now our team has been in shambles so to speak and weve been slacking. Not pointing the finger at anyone as Im just as much to blame. So the team has been working pretty hard in the last 2 weeks or so to catch up to the rest of the class in regards to the project, and I think its safe to say were caught up finally. It also made it a bit more difficult because 2 of our team members dropped the course.

On monday Fardad assigned BVedit to the class which is to be done by thursday. I wasnt too busy with other classes so I figured id attempt to do it. Most of the coding was pretty straight forward and went smoothly. Alot of it was dealing with pointer to functions and passing them different error message flags(atleast thats what I think they are). There were 2 seperate functions, validate and help. The help message function would be called to show a help message in a certain field before editing is done, or to clear the help message before editing is terminated. The validate function was there to ensure the data being entered was valid, and if it wasnt, would continue to call bedit() untill the data returned was valid. It was a pretty fun function to code, even tho I had some minor problems.

The problems I had suprisingly came in the 2 constructors of BVedit. I dont know if my mind just wasnt working or what but I didnt understand what exactly the constructors were looking for in regards to the pointers to function. I understood that I had to pass corresponding attributes to BEdit, but i didnt understand how the pointers to functions were suppose to work. As i couldnt find anyone from my team to help me on IRC, luckily someone else from my class was on and was able to help me. The_wonderer on IRC was able to clarify some stuff for me and help me understand exactly what was needed. Thanks again The_wonderer I really appreciate it!

Anyways its time to go and some more and get ready for the upcoming test.

Until next time,

dAve

No comments:

Post a Comment