Monday, February 8, 2010

OOP344 Assign 1 so far

Well its been a while since I blogged and figured I may aswell drop a couple lines on my progress through assignment one thus far.

As it stands, I havnt heard much from my team other then Carolyn who I discussed the project with briefly before the weekend. I dont know where everyone else is on there functions, or what functions there even doing for that matter. I hope everythings going well...

As far as my part is concerned it went off without a hitch. I completed both the bio_getch(), and bio_move() simple functions. Didnt take much as the code was supplied by the teacher, but I made a point of understanding what was going on in each of the functions. As far as complex functions go, I finished bio_display() on my own in probably one of the least efficient ways. But its done! The only minor problem I was having was getting .length() to work with the string being passed to the function. I dont know why, but it wasnt working for me. So I decided to take the long way around the problem and pass it through a while loop with a counter to determine the length of the string each time its passed through the function. Hardly efficient. If anyone reads this and has encountered the same problem/has a solution please let me know!

As I said before I hope my group is doing there parts. As if I find out today no one has done there parts, im going to have to try and pick up the slack tonight. Seeing as our first release is due tomorrow, its something I could really do without. The only other person ive seen commit any code what-so-ever is Carolyn, who put up the files for the program, and finished her simple function (bio_clrscr()). Its nice to see someones done something!

I think im going to attempt to tackle another complex function just incase no ones done anything.

Thats all for now,

dAve

No comments:

Post a Comment